Family: Backdoors --> Category: infos
CodeRed version X detection Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
CodeRed version X detection
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
Your machine is infected with the 'Code Red' worm. Your Windows system seems to be compromised.
1) Remove the file root.exe from both directories:
\program files\common files\system\msadc
2) Install an updated antivirus program (this will remove the Explorer.exe Trojan)
3) Set SFCDisable in hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon to: 0
4) Remove the two newly created virtual directories: C and D (Created by the Trojan)
5) Make sure no other files have been modified.
It is recommended that hosts that have been compromised by Code Red X would reinstall the operating system from scratch and patch it accordingly.
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.