Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 2 2005-158: postgresql Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the postgresql package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-158 (postgresql).
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management system
(DBMS) that supports almost all SQL constructs (including
transactions, subselects and user-defined types and functions).
* Mon Feb 21 2005 Tom Lane 7.4.7-3.FC2.1
- Repair improper error message in init script when PGVERSION doesn't match.
- Arrange for auto update of version embedded in init script.
- Fix improper call of strerror_r, which leads to junk error messages in libpq.
- Patch additional buffer overruns in plpgsql (CVE-2005-0247)
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.