Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 3 2004-451: kernel Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2004-451 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
This update brings an updated -ac patch which
which adds several security fixes, and various other
fixes that have occured since the release of Fedora Core 3.
* Thu Nov 18 2004 Dave Jones
- Update to 2.6.9-ac10, fixing the SATA problems (#139674)
- Update the OOM-killer tamer to upstream.
- Implement an RCU scheme for the SELinux AVC
- Improve on the OOM-killer taming patch.
- device-mapper: Remove duplicate kfree in dm_register_target error
- Make SHA1 guard against misaligned accesses
- ASPM workaround for PCIe. (#123360)
- Hot-plug driver updates due to MSI change (#134290)
- Workaround for 80332 IOP hot-plug problem (#139041)
- ExpressCard hot-plug support for ICH6M (#131800)
- Fix boot crash on VIA systems (noted on x86-64)
- PPC64: Store correct backtracking info in ppc64 signal frames
- PPC64: Prevent HVSI from oopsing on hangup (#137912)
- Fix poor performance b/c of noncacheable mapping in 4g/4g (#130842)
- Fix PCI-X hotplug issues (#132852, #134290)
- Re-export force_sig() (#139503)
- Various fixes for more security issues from latest -ac patch.
- Fix d_find_alias brokenness (#137791)
- tg3: Fix fiber hw autoneg bounces (#138738)
- diskdump: Fix issue with NMI watchdog. (#138041)
- diskdump: Export disk_dump_state. (#138132)
- diskdump: Tickle NMI watchdog in diskdump_mdelay() (#138036)
- diskdump: Fix mem= for x86-64 (#138139)
- diskdump: Fix missing system_state setting. (#138130)
- diskdump: Fix diskdump completion message (#138028)
- Re-add aic host raid support.
- Take a few more export removal patches from 2.6.10rc
- SATA: Make AHCI work
- SATA: Core updates.
- S390: Fix Incorrect registers in core dumps. (#138206)
- S390: Fix up lcs device state. (#131167)
- S390: Fix possible qeth IP registration failure.
- S390: Support broadcast on z800/z900 HiperSockets
- S390: Allow FCP port to recover after aborted nameserver request.
- Flush error in pci_mmcfg_write (#129338)
- hugetlb_get_unmapped_area fix (#135364, #129525)
- Fix ia64 cyclone timer on ia64 (#137842, #136684)
- Fix ipv6 MTU calculation. (#130397)
- ACPI: Don't display messages about ACPI breakpoints. (#135856)
- Fix x86_64 copy_user_generic (#135655)
- lockd: remove hardcoded maximum NLM cookie length
- Fix SCSI bounce limit
- Disable polling mode on hotplug controllers in favour of interrupt
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/blog/index.php?p=105
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.