Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 3 2005-562: net-snmp Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the net-snmp package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-562 (net-snmp).
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is a protocol used for
network management. The NET-SNMP project includes various SNMP tools:
an extensible agent, an SNMP library, tools for requesting or setting
information from SNMP agents, tools for generating and handling SNMP
traps, a version of the netstat command which uses SNMP, and a Tk/Perl
mib browser. This package contains the snmpd and snmptrapd daemons,
You will probably also want to install the net-snmp-utils package,
which contains NET-SNMP utilities.
-without tcp_wrappers : disable tcp_wrappers support
* Wed Jul 13 2005 Radek Vokal
- CVE-2005-2177 new upstream version fixing DoS (#162908)
- CVE-2005-1740 net-snmp insecure temporary file usage (#158770)
- session free fixed, agentx modules build fine (#157851)
- report gigabit Ethernet speeds using Ethtool (#152480)
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/blog/index.php?p=755
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.