Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 4 2005-1013: kernel Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-1013 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Wed Oct 19 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.13-1.1532_FC4]
- Fix CAN-2005-2973 (ipv6 infinite loop)
- Disable ACPI burst again, it's still problematic.
- Update to the final upstream variant of the IDE/SATA fix.
* Sun Oct 16 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.13-1.1531_FC4]
- Stop IDE claiming legacy ports before libata in combined mode.
* Sun Oct 16 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.13-1.1530_FC4]
- Enable ACPI EC burst.
- Reenable change of timesource default.
* Tue Oct 11 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.13-1.1529_FC4]
* Thu Oct 6 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix information leak in orinoco driver.
* Wed Oct 5 2005 Dave Jones
- Further fixing to the 8139too suspend/resume problem.
* Mon Oct 3 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.13-1.1528_FC4]
* Sun Oct 2 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.13-1.1527_FC4]
- Disable debug messages in w83781d sensor driver. (#169695)
- Re-add a bunch of patches that got accidentally dropped in last update.
- Fix suspend/resume with 8139too
- Fix usbhid/wireless security lock clash (#147479)
- Missing check condition in ide scsi (#160868)
- Fix nosense error with transcend usb keys (#162559)
- Fix sk98lin vpd problem. (#136158)
- Fix IDE floppy eject. (#158548)
* Fri Sep 30 2005 Dave Jones
- irda-driver smsc-ircc2 needs pnp-functionality. (#153970)
- Reenable /proc/acpi/sleep (#169650)
- Silence some selinux messages. (#167852)
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.