Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 4 2005-655: ethereal Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the ethereal package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-655 (ethereal).
Ethereal is a network traffic analyzer for Unix-ish operating systems.
This package lays base for libpcap, a packet capture and filtering
library, contains command-line utilities, and contains tests and
documentation for ethereal. A graphical user interface is packaged
separately to GTK+ package.
* Wed Jul 27 2005 Jindrich Novy 0.10.12-1.FC4.1
- update to 0.10.12
- package /usr/sbin/randpkt
- sync with cleanup patch (most of it applied upstream)
- the new release fixes CVE-2005-2361 up to CVE-2005-2367
* Mon May 30 2005 Radek Vokal 0.10.11-3
- ethereal cleanup, patch by Steve Grubb (#159107)
- few more cleanups
Solution : http://fedoranews.org//mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Update:_ethereal-0.10.12-1.FC4.1
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.