Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 4 2005-906: kernel Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-906 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Thu Sep 22 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.12-1.1456_FC4]
- Disable crash driver on Xen kernels.
* Wed Sep 14 2005 Dave Jones [2.6.12-1.1455_FC4]
- Fixes for CVE-2005-2490 and CVE-2005-2492
* Thu Sep 8 2005 Rik van Riel
- upgrade to a newer Xen snapshot
- exclude Xen TPM bits, since those conflict with 188.8.131.52
- enable highmem for Xen kernels (#162226)
- add workaround for glibc bug on VDSO note parsing (Roland) (#166984)
* Mon Sep 5 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix aic7xxx issue with >4GB. (#167049)
* Fri Sep 2 2005 Dave Jones
- Various post 2.6.13 ACPI updates. (20050902)
* Mon Aug 29 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix local builds when '-' is in the hostname.
- Update ALPS driver to 2.6.13 level.
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.