Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 5 2006-1110: ruby Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the ruby package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2006-1110 (ruby).
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy
object-oriented programming. It has many features to process text
files and to do system management tasks (as in Perl). It is simple,
straight-forward, and extensible.
Update information :
* Fri Oct 27 2006 Akira TAGOH - 1.8.5-1
- security fix release.
- ruby-1.8.5-cgi-CVE-2006-5467.patch: fix a CGI multipart parsing bug that
causes the denial of service. (#212396)
- backport fixes from devel.
- fixed rbconfig.rb to refer to DESTDIR for sitearchdir. (#207311)
- updates to 1.8.5
- removed the unnecessary patches:
- build with --enable-pthread except on ppc.
- ruby-1.8.5-hash-memory-leak.patch: backported from CVS to fix a memory leak
on Hash. [ruby-talk:211233]
- owns sitearchdir. (#201208)
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.