Family: Web Servers --> Category: mixed
RDS / MDAC Vulnerability Content-Type overflow Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Acertains the presence of msadcs.dll
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote DLL /msadc/msadcs.dll is accessible by anyone.
Several flaws have been found in it in the past, we recommend
you restrict access to MSADC only to trusted hosts.
- Launch the Internet Services Manager
- Select your web server
- Right-click on MSADC and select 'Properties'
- Select the tab 'Directory Security'
- Click on the 'IP address and domain name restrictions'
- Make sure that by default, all computers are DENIED access
to this resource
- List the computers that should be allowed to use it
See also: MS advisory MS02-065
Risk factor: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.