Family: SuSE Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
SUSE-SA:2005:034: opera Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the opera package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2005:034 (opera).
The web browser Opera has been updated to version 8.01 to fix various
* Fixed XMLHttpRequest redirect vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability in location header when
automatic redirection is disabled. Vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fix for variant of window injection vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed information disclosure weakness causing file path information
to be sent when using the GET form method. Security Focus Bugtraq
* Improved accuracy of security bar and modified security icon
behavior: when a certificate is accepted manually after a warning,
the security level of the connection is set to 1.
* Fixed issue with wrong referrers being sent to sites in browsing
* Fixed erroneous display of certificate names containing ampersands.
* Solved problem with collapsed address bars for some pop-ups
missing indication of security level.
These issues are tracked by the Mitre CVE IDs CVE-2005-1475,
CVE-2005-1669 and CVE-2004-1157.
Solution : http://www.suse.de/security/advisories/2005_34_opera.html
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.