Family: SuSE Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
SUSE-SA:2005:069: php4,php5 Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the php4,php5 package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2005:069 (php4,php5).
Updated PHP packages fix the following security issues:
- Stefan Esser found out that a bug in parse_str() could lead to
activation of register_globals (CVE-2005-3389) and additionally
that file uploads could overwrite $GLOBALS (CVE-2005-3390)
- Bugs in the exif code could lead to a crash (CVE-2005-3353)
- Missing safe_mode checks in image processing code and cURL
functions allowed to bypass safe_mode and open_basedir
- Information leakage via the virtual() function (CVE-2005-3392)
- Missing input sanitation in the mb_send_mail() function
potentially allowed to inject arbitrary mail headers
The previous security update for php caused crashes when mod_rewrite
was used. The updated packages fix that problem as well.
Solution : http://www.suse.de/security/advisories/2005_14_sa.html
Threat Level: Medium
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.