Family: SuSE Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
SUSE-SA:2006:050: ImageMagick Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the ImageMagick package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2006:050 (ImageMagick).
Several security problems have been fixed in ImageMagick:
- CVE-2006-3744: Several heap buffer overflows were found in the Sun
Bitmap decoder of ImageMagick during an audit by the Google Security
Team. This problem could be exploited by a possible hacker to execute code.
- CVE-2006-3743: Multiple buffer overflows were found by the Google
Security team in the XCF handling due to incorrect bounds checking.
This problem could be exploited by a possible hacker to execute code.
- CVE-2006-4144: An integer overflow in the ReadSGIImage function can
be used by attackers to potentially execute code.
- An infinite loop in ImageMagick caused by TransformHSB was fixed.
- An infinite loop in the handling of TIFF images was fixed.
Solution : http://www.suse.de/security/http://www.novell.com/linux/security/advisories/2006_50_imagemagick.html
Threat Level: Medium
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.