Family: SuSE Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
SUSE-SA:2006:052: php4,php5 Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the php4,php5 package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2006:052 (php4,php5).
Various security problems have been fixed in the PHP script
language engine and its modules, versions 4 and 5.
The PHP4 updated packages were released on September 12, the PHP5
update packages were released on September 20.
The following security problems were fixed, with respective Mitre
- The CURL module lacked checks for control characters (CVE-2006-2563)
- A potential basedir evasion in the CURL module (CVE-2006-4483)
- basedir and safemode evasion in the IMAP module (CVE-2006-4481)
- str_repeat() contained an integer overflow (CVE-2006-4482)
- GIF LZWReadByte overflow in the GD extension (CVE-2006-4484)
- ext/wddx contained a buffer overflow
- memory_limit() lacked checks for integer overflows
- fixed memory overflow in foreach (CVE-2006-4482)
- a bug in sscanf() could potentially be exploited to execute arbitrary code (CVE-2006-4020)
Solution : http://www.suse.de/security/http://www.novell.com/linux/security/advisories/2006_52_php.html
Threat Level: Medium
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.