Family: Ubuntu Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
USN109-1 : mysql-dfsg vulnerability Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
These remote packages are missing security patches :
USN-32-1 fixed a database privilege escalation vulnerability
"If a user was granted rights to a database with a name
containing an underscore ("_"), the user also gained the ability to
grant rights to other databases with similar names.
Recently a corner case was discovered where this vulnerability can
still be exploited, so another update is necessary.
Upgrade to :
- libmysqlclient-dev-4.0.20-2ubuntu1.5 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libmysqlclient12-4.0.20-2ubuntu1.5 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mysql-client-4.0.20-2ubuntu1.5 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mysql-common-4.0.20-2ubuntu1.5 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mysql-server-4.0.20-2ubuntu1.5 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.