Family: Ubuntu Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
USN151-2 : dpkg, ia32-libs, amd64-libs vulnerabilities Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
dpkg, ia32-libs, amd64-libs vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
These remote packages are missing security patches :
USN-148-1 and USN-151-1 fixed two security flaws in zlib, which could
be exploited to cause Denial of Service attacks or even arbitrary code
execution with malicious data streams.
Most applications use the shared library provided by the "zlib1g"
however, some packages contain copies of the affected zlib
code, so they need to be upgraded as well.
Upgrade to :
- amd64-libs-1.1ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- amd64-libs-dev-1.1ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- dpkg-1.10.27ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- dpkg-dev-1.10.27ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- dpkg-doc-1.10.27ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- dselect-1.10.27ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- ia32-libs-0.5ubuntu3.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- ia32-libs-dev-0.5ubuntu3.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.