Family: Ubuntu Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
USN74-2 : postfix vulnerability Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
These remote packages are missing security patches :
This is an update to the recently published Ubuntu Security Notice
USN-74-1, which fixed the delivery of arbitrary mail to any MX host
which has an IPv6 address.
Unfortunately that upgrade revealed an error in the package upgrade
system which caused package installation to fail. After the failed
upgrade the Postfix server was not started again, thus no mail was
This new set of packages fixes the error encountered when upgrading.
Upgrade to :
- postfix-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-dev-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-doc-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-ldap-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-mysql-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-pcre-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-pgsql-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-tls-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.