When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
- Two Ports in One - This USB adapter has a clean and compact design. Standard USB hub splitter enables two devices to share a single available USB port with full USB 2.0 compatibility and performance
- Compatibility - 2 port USB hub works with USB 3.0, 2.0 host controllers and devices on Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix computers at USB 2.0 speeds. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged
- Portable - USB splitter for laptops is ultra compact and travel friendly featuring a built-in 12-inch USB extender cable. Multi usb port perfect for adding more devices (like a keyboard and mouse) to your limited ports
- Note - USB-C splitter is bus powered, requires no additional AC power. This hub is intended for low or self powered devices. *USB Hub is not for charging and is not compatible with automotive USB ports. Functions as a USB hub only and will NOT charge devices
- 2 Year Warranty - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port Hub
Featuring a clean, compact design, the Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port Hub (USB2-2PORT) enables two devices to share a single available USB port with full USB 2.0 compatibility and performance. The hub uses a high-quality NEC chipset.
Common Uses for the USB 2.0 Hub
Common uses include connecting both keyboard and mouse via a single USB cable, industrial environments where space is a premium, and for any situation where a simple USB 2-port splitter is required. Great for travel due to the ultra-compact design and built-in 12in USB cable.
No Charging Capabilities
The Plugable hub is for data only and does not support charging of the connected devices.Functions as a USB hub only and will not charge phones, tablets, iPads, iPhones, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC connected. Not BC 1.1 / 1.2 compatible.
Does It Need Power?
This bus-powered hub shares available power (500mA) from the single upstream USB port to each of the two downstream USB ports. Because power is shared, devices connected via the hub should be low powered (keyboards, mice, etc), or self-powered (printers, powered hubs, externally powered hard drives).
Devices That Are Not Compatible With This 2-Port Hub
The Plugable 2-Port hub cannot be used with built-in car stereo systems or aftermarket systems such as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as these systems do not support USB hubs.
Does this USB hub charge a connected devices?
No.The Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port Hub is not intended for charging any mobile or other devices. Both ports on the 2-port hub share the available power from the one upstream port (at maximum 500mA shared). It is intended for low or self-powered devices and is not suitable for charging.
Is this compatible with my car audio system?
No. Car audio systems do not support USB hubs.
Can I connect two USB bus-powered external hard drives?
No. One or both external hard drives will drop off the USB bus since this USB hub splits 500mA at best between both USB ports.