Family: Fedora Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
Fedora Core 3 2004-403: ruby Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Check for the version of the ruby package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2004-403 (ruby).
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy
object-oriented programming. It has many features to process text
files and to do system management tasks (as in Perl). It is simple,
straight-forward, and extensible.
* Thu Nov 11 2004 Akira TAGOH - 1.8.1-7.FC3.1
- security fix [CVE-2004-0983]
- security fix [CVE-2004-0755]
- ruby-1.8.1-cgi-dos.patch: applied to fix a denial of service issue.
- ruby-1.8.1-cgi_session_perms.patch: sets the permission of the
file to 0600. (#130063)
* Sat Oct 30 2004 Akira TAGOH - 1.8.1-7.fc3
- added openssl-devel and db4-devel into BuildRequires. (#137479)
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/blog/index.php?p=63
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.