Family: General --> Category: attack
HP Jet Admin 7.x Directory Traversal Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
HP JetAdmin directory traversal attack
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
The remote HP Web JetAdmin suffers from a number of vulnerabilities. The
current running version is vulnerable to a directory traversal attack via i
he setinfo.hts script. A remote attacker can access files by requesting the
Solution: To set a password for the HP Web Jet Admin service follow these steps:
1. In the navigation menu select General Settings, and expand the tree.
2. Expand Profiles Administration
3. Select Add/Remove Profiles
4. In the User Profiles page, if a password has not been set, select the
'Note: To enable security features, an Admin password must be set.' link.
5. Set an administrator password.
It is strongly recommended that access be restricted by IP Addresses:
1. Expand the General Settings tree.
2. Select the HTTP (Web) branch.
3. Under the 'Allow HP Web Jetadmin Access' add your administration IP host or
range. HP Also recommends removing all files that are included in the test
directory. On a default installation this would be in the directory
C:\Program Files\HP Web Jetadmin\doc\tests\hpjdwm\script\
See also : http://sh0dan.org/files/hpjadmadv.txt
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.