Family: Ubuntu Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
USN1-1 : PNG library vulnerabilities Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
PNG library vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Several integer overflow vulnerabilities were discovered in the PNG library.
These vulnerabilities could be exploited by a possible hacker by providing a
specially crafted PNG image which, when processed by the PNG library, could
result in the execution of program code provided by the attacker.
The PNG library is used by a variety of software packages for different
purposes, so the exact nature of the exposure will vary depending on the
Upgrade to :
- libpng10-0-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng10-dev-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng12-0-22.214.171.124-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng12-dev-126.96.36.199-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng2-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng2-dev-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng3-188.8.131.52-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng3-dev-184.108.40.206-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.