Family: Ubuntu Local Security Checks --> Category: infos
USN218-1 : netpbm-free vulnerabilities Vulnerability Scan
Vulnerability Scan Summary
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Test
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Two buffer overflows were discovered in the 'pnmtopng' tool, which
were triggered by processing an image with exactly 256 colors when
using the -alpha option (CVE-2005-3662) or by processing a text file
with very long lines when using the -text option (CVE-2005-3632).
A remote attacker could exploit these to execute arbitrary code by
tricking an user or an automated system into processing a specially
crafted PNM file with pnmtopng.
Upgrade to :
- libnetpbm10-10.0-8ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libnetpbm10-dev-10.0-8ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libnetpbm9-10.0-8ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libnetpbm9-dev-10.0-8ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- netpbm-10.0-8ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Threat Level: High
Click HERE for more information and discussions on this network vulnerability scan.